Saturday, April 25, 2009

The result of my consecration to communion for 21 days has turned into 2 months. This has been a turning point in my life. I would not stop this spiritual discipline for anything in the world. Much healing has taken place in my soul. There is a softness in my heart and when I remember hurts from the past I simply remember them, but they do not pain me anymore. This is truly a miracle. To be free from unforgiveness is so wonderful. Each day I can start like a new born babe who has not yet experienced the tragedies and betrayals of life. It has given birth to a deep desire to be consecrated-- set apart--in other areas of my life. It is my desire to be different from the world; for people to look at me and instead see the reflection of my Lord. I no longer wish to fit in nor do I care about a lot of things this world tells me I should care about. I didn't care about a lot of "stuff" before, but I felt guilty, as if I should concern myself with every issue the media tells me requires my attention. I have come to the conclusion that the greatest weapon of the enemy is DISTRACTION! But now I am free! I choose not to participate! I care about whatever my Lord cares about and I will participate in whatever He asks of me; nothing more and nothing less. What glorious simplicity of life. Oh the joy of being narrow minded! Focused on that which really matters and should require my full attention, leaving little to waste on things that will not matter a hundred years from now. This is life, abundant and free!
Blessings on any who read this. Feel free to post.
Dodi

No comments:

Post a Comment